Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Working with Daphney

Last Sunday somebody made the comment that the only difference between play and work is your enjoyment level. I have been thinking lately what my favorite activity is with Daphney. And it has been decided......


DOING LAUNDRY!

Could be considered work, but Daphney makes it so much fun. I just fold the clothes, but Daphney works so hard to help out. It is fun to see her effort!

Step 1.) She removes all the clothes from the laundry basket throwing them out with spite. Sometimes she is too quick and I have to refill the basket so I can get a head start at folding the clothes.
Step 2.) She proceeds to scatter them all around the room, like someone who is trying to make the veggies on their plate look fewer. (I recommend vacuuming before beginning this process.)
Step 3. She continues this process with an occasional peek-a-boo routine in the middle. Once I am ready for another clothing item to fold. I simply say thank you and she quickly brings the shirt and with a smile on her face holds it out for me.

Warning: Be sure that once she is out of clothing items that the basket is out of reach or the game begins again. : D

No comments:

Post a Comment