Monday, March 31, 2014

Windy Day

The missionaries came over a couple days ago and challenged us to plan to do unplanned service. I told them (with my eyes) that service never works because I am often too excited/ in their face. There is always someone there saying, "freaky girl please I would rather carry this impossible burden then to have you near it." 
I am starting to understand their point of view...

PICTURE THIS:


My daughter and I in the middle of the road surrounded by our neighbors trash while she is trying to find some leftovers....

How did I let it get to this point?

Well it is simple... The large trash can lid was blown open by the wind and three pieces of large trash were escaping. Light Bulb! This was a prime opportunity to multi-task by teaching my daughter to serve and to talk about the effects of littering. We crossed the street and simply closed the lid of the trash and proceeded to the three solitary pieces of trash... Turns out when the lid is securely placed onto the trash can that it is unbalanced on the sloping driveway. Consequently when the can fell over, trash  gushed out of the trashcan and shot across the surrounding neighborhood. The road was covered in trash and Daphney and I played frogger with passing by cars as we struggled to chase after the now littered area we had created. Daphney excelled in chasing after the pop cans and trying the variety of flavors our neighbors enjoy (Luckily there was not leftover beer cans). I chased after her and the flying debri until I finally gave up and dragged my child away from the situation we made substantially worse. 

Sorry Neighborhood... We will take a break from helping ya'll. 

6 comments:

  1. That is hilarious! Are you and Heidi competing for blogging comedian of the month or something? Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see this. I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for the laugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this, thanks for the giggles

    Uncle Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's amazing. Remember last time I commented on your blog I had to do it as anonymous because I couldn't remember my password and it wanted a pint of blood, 3 forms of ID, and a note from my mother to change it. This time I hit comment and it asks would you like to leave a comment as Tom Crowther? WELL DUH. What happened to signing in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me laugh/cry Katie. And James! That is amazing. Hopefully your neighborhood doesn't have a town meeting about you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you are able to post as yourself, because it is super cute to have Daphney see that tiny picture of you and point at it all excited!

    ReplyDelete