Sunday, September 6, 2015

ER Visit

Yesterday Shane took me to the Emergency Room, because I had some pain in my stomach that made it very painful to move. And I was forced to answer questions like- "so how did this pain start?" Shane started to answer that I over exerted myself but then I gave him the eye reminding him that I had sworn him to secrecy. I began giving short to the point answers...

How did this happen?
       -I decided to run, momentarily.
Why were you running?
       -... well I wasn't out for a jog. I just took three steps before I felt the pain.
Were you running after your son?
       - No.
Were you running after your husband?
      - No, just a three step run and then OUCH! Okay?!
Are you a runner?
      - No obviously not. Not now, probably not ever; I can't even take three steps without hurting myself....
How is your pain?
      - 8ish (I thought that still left room for more) But she seemed surprised and like she judged me for never having pain before. But really who goes to the ER for a 3? 

Important Part: The baby is fine.  Heart beat is great. My contractions increased from 8 minutes apart to 3 to 4 minutes apart while I was being monitored. The nurse came in and in the same sentence said well your contractions are close together but don't seem to be painful so you can go home if you are comfortable with that. (In my head I thought are you crazy woman?) 

I think we will use a wheel chair.
       - since I can't move my legs that would be great. That or a gurney...

So the "Rest"/Intro of the story:
What really happened... Well, my darn neighbor is a Nebraska Husker fan and he had his stinking flag a flying super confidently in front of his house in honor of the game against BYU later that day. So I wanted to knock that flag down a few pegs! While my family sat in the car wondering where mom was going, I grabbed Daphney's blue chalk that was lying there in the driveway and marched over to his house and quickly vandalized his driveway with some BYU propoganda.. Just something simple- "GO BYU". However when I was finishing the letter U I heard someone coming, and you know he probably has loads of mormon friends that could have tagged his driveway right?- so if I just ran away he would never know. I looked around for my family who should have known to pull the get away car up, but they were just looking  at me like I had gone crazy, so I made a run for the car. (If you count three steps as a run...)  

That is it, okay world...? Yes it was a stupid silly thing that has immobilized me. Glad I wasn't being chased by a bear. I wish I could say I was saving a toddler out of the road or something heroic but wait I do that  every other day. I guess it was just my off day. 

PS. BYU WON!- Didn't get to see the game though, because I can't walk to my neighbor's house to watch it....

No comments:

Post a Comment