Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Kisses

Toddler's Stages of Kissing:

1.) Frozen Face Smash
2.) Accidental Drool Overload
3.) Master of the Loud Puckers 

4.) PERFECT Precious KISS



Needed Background: (Except towards Demitri), Daphney protects her kisses and holds them back to reward valiant effort. Shane and I work tirelessly for those sweet marks of affection. Yesterday my place in heaven was sealed when Daphney marked me as a blessed chosen object of her affection. 


It all happened so quickly, I was sitting there feeding Demitri as Daphney prepared to play on the play ground equipment. She headed for the stairs a waving her princess wave and smiling from ear to ear. Then her face screwed all up and and she looked in pain as surprise spread across her wide eyes and open mouth. She ran right over and planted a PERFECT Precious KISS there on my right cheek. She smiled again and with one final wave she ran away to the swings. 

This was the moment I knew I must have done her well... I WAS FLYING HIGH!

About thirty minutes later Daphney and I were working in the yard and I glanced at her and I could not believe my eyes.....

She was picking up rock after rock and planting a kiss on the top of each one. I must have watched her do that for 10 rocks, before I attempted to stop her. To protect her from germs? NO; this I did to try to protect my pride from being told that I was loved as much as a ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment