Friday, April 4, 2014

Bed Time

We have been working with Daphney to sleep in her own bed and not need us to lay there until she falls asleep.

PROCESS: Every night after Daphney is set with fresh pjs and a selected teddy bear under arm she rushes to her twin mattress that currently resides on the floor. There she kneels down and looks mom or dad up and down saying with her eyebrows, "aren't you going to kneel beside me". We finish praying for the kids at storytime, icecream, and puppies, and Daphney claps with delight. She smushes down into her boppy pillow and then smiles with her bright eyes as she pats her pillow indicating that she wants us to lay down beside her. That is when my heart breaks and I kiss her little cheeks and walk out the room and shut the door.

Consequently, that is usually when the monster attacks the door....Yesterday the worst thing happened.


I tucked her into bed and she smiled up at me with her normal bright inviting eyes and waved goodbye! 
It broke my heart more than it ever did when I had to leave her. I wanted to beg her to let me stay! Oh how will I ever stand this growing up thing?!



2 comments:

  1. Yes it is hard. I always wanted to freeze my family at different points in my life thinking it couldn't get any better but it always does. Sometimes changes are hard but but they work out. My advice is to enjoy the journey and enjoy the NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks Dad! I have always felt a little guilty growing up on ya, so it is nice to hear you say that. Shane and I decided that means you like your son in laws! :D

    ReplyDelete