Monday, September 19, 2016

Pirate Day- Knocks my Boots Off!


Talk like a Pirate Day is quickly becoming one of our favorite... Quick there is still time to release your inner "R"! 
     
     I went out in public dressed like a six foot pirate woman (everybody stared- some people even took pictures without asking....)! I would have just looked like a cool mom with all her little pirate crew, but alas they all kept losing their clothes (it was quite hot!) and there I was a lone shipwrecked pirate. 

The mismatched shoes is definitely a pirate thing right? Well no... we just couldn't find the match and we had to wear the awesome skull boots! Also check out the eye  patch. We just used sunglasses that had a lens knocked out, because I knew he wouldn't keep an eyepatch on. This worked wonderfully and I came up with it myself! (Who needs Pinterest?! I am Pinterest!!)

Aren't these girls just the cutest pirates.  Paisley had little skulls on her shorts and carried our treasure map!




 So how to get your very own doughnuts?!!!


Krispie Cream gives you a doughnut for talking like a pirate and better yet if you dress up you get a free dozen glazed doughnuts! Which is great!!! -Except there were four of us and now we have four dozen doughnuts!!

I think it is important to have times in life when there are no limitations. Like Pirate day and Halloween. To be able to indulge in all you can eat hot and fresh doughnuts, because it is "living" and makes eating healthy bearable. ;)
Next we tried our hand at geocaching.. EPIC FAIL!! We finally gave up when I realized the m at the end of 13,826 probably meant miles. Kids were good sports though and we did find a bug on an old hot dog stuffed inside this hole in the tree. TREASURE indeed!

Next time I will just need to hide my own geocache....

We instead played at the slide park, and went to watch dad play ultimate frisbee where we read books in the shade and Daph traded her pirate costume for shades and declared herself a princess. Shane's smiling friends thought he was married to a ship wrecked Pirate for sure. 

3 comments:

  1. You ARE Pinterest! And the cutest mom ever! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pirate woman I think is called a whench!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, your growing-up-WAY-too-fast kiddos, and you're good attitude! Thx for the smiles!

    ReplyDelete