Saturday, April 8, 2017

I looked forward to this day with much anticipation... [The day Daphney faced her fear!]

She was in tears with fright and had all but talked herself out of doing it, but knowing that her dad was coming to support her she agreed to go to practice yesterday. She walked onto the field with her head down and avoided eye contact with her coach; his high five was all together ignored. 

But by the end of practice she was on top of the world. She happily boasted, "Mom, I didn't even sweat!" Then this morning I caught her drawing on a paper; she was decorating hearts all around the chicken scratched word- "SOCER!" 
Shane showed Daphney how to pose and then we got ready to go and Paisley just kept posing there exactly like had been modeled saying CHEESE!!!




We were hurrying to the field for Daphney's first game and Daphney was stressing, because I had just told her one that only one goal was meant for her team. She looked up at me all seriously, and said, "Mom this is no time to dance, right?" Yes dear this is high stakes now! 

I asked Daphney if there was anything she would like to remember about today and she said "oh yes, type that I got a GATORADE! -and some GOLD FISH!! Oh and I liked playing against Peter and holding hands with him even though he wasn't on my team! "



No comments:

Post a Comment