Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy Birthday DAPHNEY!!

                                                            Leading up to Labor:  

Sunday August 5th during the night I was having regular contractions that were still about 10 minutes apart so I "slept" on a separate twin mattress in the living room. Shane had given me his phone to borrow, because he had downloaded an app onto it that would help record the contraction history. He came in during the middle of the night, because he was worried I was going to have the baby without him. I reassured him I would definitely wake him up, but I handed him the phone to see the record. Oh man he was excited!- A few minutes later I checked on him in his room and he was packing away getting all prepared for when it was time to go. : D I did not get much sleep that night. The next day was Shane's birthday and he did a good job taking care of me and cooking me breakfast (Probably not the way a birthday should be celebrated). Then that night we had invited a bunch of our friends over for a BBQ birthday party at our house. Oh man that was tough, but a lot of fun catching up with friends. Shane let me leave half way through and go lay down inside.  

 

At the Hospital:

On August 6th at 2:00am Shane and I finally headed to the hospital. Shane helped me through my contractions by talking to me and telling me mission stories. After a while he ran out of stories and decided to read to me. He decided to read a star trek book (I don't like star trek so I had no idea what was going on in this story, and it took way too much effort to focus on those strange words, but it helped that he would talk just keep talking.) After about two hours at the hospital I got to have an epidural. It made life wonderful!- and I got to sleep for a while. The doctors kept coming in and telling me that they were almost ready to deliver Daphney and I would get all nervous, and then something (like another girl taking forever to have her baby before me) would make it so that we would have to wait again. Finally around 12:30 we were able to begin pushing and after MUCH EFFORT Daphney Rose Dooley was born at 1:36. She was 19 inches long and weighed 6lbs and 10oz, dropping 7oz by the time we left the hospital. She is so small and cute!!

Hospital life was great... The nurses were so helpful, and we had lots of visitors both friends and family. Matt and Sarah had visited twice before we even had the baby. : D They brought Shane breakfast so that he did not have to leave me. Thanks guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment