Thursday, August 15, 2013

1st Birthday

Daphney's birthday was a lot of fun for our family. I worked hard to make it perfect and it kind of flopped in parts on behalf of the fact that she is an out of control one-year old. For example, in my head the cake smash was a lot more contained. If you are to try it out a high chair is definitely recommended- forget cute pictures and childhood freedom. Secondly, I never realized how difficult it is to make a one year old sit still for pictures! Thirdly, don't have your child's birthday and your husband's birthday a day apart... too much work. PS... sorry Shane you did not get any decorations or even pictures this year. Hope you enjoy your presents at least. : D 

One of Daphney's favorite presents was her cell phone. She inherited her father's love for technology!

Funny Thing: The first Sunday we brought Daphney to church one of our 3 year old Sunbeam girls came running over proclaiming, "I am going to come over there and poke her eyeballs out." Daphney has recently loved pointing and poking every animals eyes. On skype she is always trying to poke out her cousin's eyes. Hopefully we can protect her brother till he gets old enough to defend himself.  : )



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the cutest Daphney I know!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your out-of-control child! She's perfect for you. :) And why did I not know about this eye obsession? Should I be worried?

    ReplyDelete