Thursday, January 30, 2014

Being Daphney's Mother

By being Daphney's mother I have discovered a lot of things about the human condition in relation to me.

For example, singing a song at the top of your lungs has thus far been an undervalued power source and  brings energy into your soul in the most desperate of times! -even works for nursery rhymes and stupid little Kookaburra bird songs.

I have also learned that if a person is not given something to do he/she will find something... My constant question is what is Daphney going to do next in correlation to me.I would also like to think that I am getting good at this dual thought process.  I now always sweep my dirt piles under the cabinets until the final moments in which I can vacuum them up. This prevents Daphney from 
1.) eating (YES EATING... you think she would do that earlier so I wouldn't have to sweep), 
2.) stepping on (She likes to be exactly where I am working. Picture a hippy sitting on a blanket in front of a vacuum protecting all of her toys from being vacuumed away. I am serious; she even moves herself and the blanket as I try to go around her.)  
3.) or brushing the piles of dirt around with her hand. 

Point of the Ranting: Life is full of a lot of ups and downs when you are a mother of a Daphenator, both ups and downs are a blessing that I am forced to learn from. : D

1 comment: