Thursday, July 31, 2014

Regular Life

Daphney, Demitri, and I are back to regular life and to prove it to myself we took a break from unpacking and getting the house back in order to go to our beloved Tuesday festivities. After a walk amongst Urbandale's parks and bike trails I noticed a peculiar acting man pacing near the front door of the library. He glanced at me like he loved children and was anxious to open the door for me. So obviously as a protective mother, I slowed my pace and hurriedly searched for something to delay my approaching destination. I found a nearby flower pot with draping flowers and talked to the children about everything I could concerning that pot, just short of counting every single flower. However, he was still there! I breathed a sigh of relief as a woman walked up, but she saw the man and began to busy herself in a phone conversation not too distant from where I stood. Man I thought to myself she is just as hesitant as I am to walk by this man. I slowly pushed the stroller over to another flower pot and busied myself there. (Not an easy task considering it was identical to the last one in which we fully discussed into boredom.)  After another woman came near the man and then turned around to go back to her car I felt validated  in keeping my kids away from that man. I wasn't quite sure what it was but this was just weird that nobody wanted to pass him. I was in the process of deciding what to do next like leave and get my kids out of there when I looked at a nearby sign that stated that the library was not yet open, and that is why everyone is waiting outside and acting strange as they themselves discovered the closed building.

So yes life is back to regularity where I am somewhat of a fool and people are actually wonderful and nice here in Iowa. Honestly Iowa has some of the nicest people that several times have made my day just a little nicer.

For example:

1.) The city lawn crew always stop on their lawn mowers every time we walk by. We will be far away or passing for the third time and they smile and patiently wait for us to pass. Just a sweet courtesy they provide by treating us as more important than the job to be done.

2.) One time I was leaving Aldi's and a lady who parked closer to the door than I did walked away from the store and to my car. My children were so over shopping and she knew it would be a struggle for me to put the cart away so she traded me her quarter and took my cart in for me. What a sweet lady to be thinking of me rather than how quickly she could accomplish the tasks on her list of to dos.

No comments:

Post a Comment