Friday, October 24, 2014

Painting Daphney's Room


So for a combination of Daphney's birthday and my birthday we painted her room. My inspiration for this wall was the image to the left that I found online. However I thought it was a little boring to look at for very long. Like you glance at it and you understand it completely. So as you can see with Daphney's I simply used two different shapes and I think it helped to make it a lot more interesting. Yes I have seen gorgeous little girls rooms done in grays and a light pink. But I thought this matched Daphney's personality; bold, crazy, energetic, colorful, and somehow perfect! 


I simply used the paint samples to mark and move around until I got the color spaced well.

Little Contributions:

Daphney walked into the kitchen grinning ear to ear with both hands firmly gripped around something she was conveniently hiding behind her back. My face cringed as I knew exactly what she would have done in the time that I had prepared Demitri's bottle. I had previously painted all of the colors on Daphney's wall with just one coat remaining for the last color. Stupidly, I had not expected Daphney to seize the opportunity and set the wet brush down at a child grabbing level.  Sorry I should have photographed it, but let me tell you there were green streaks all along her height and even above that, since she had grabbed the chair to aid her in her mischief. It could have been much worse (like on the carpet), and Daphney delighted in her masterpiece, so I could not yell at her too much for wanting to be like mom. Since Daphney would run in there every two minutes and happily show me her contribution to the wall I wasn't sure whether to simply let the graffiti remain or to begin painting over it. I decided upon the later and I let Daphney instead go OUTSIDE to paint these two masterpieces that she can hang in her room and be proud of. 



Finished Product!

Another Wall in the Room:

Daphney was super excited about something and hurried to follow me out of her room and downstairs. Of coarse she was carrying multiple blankets and stuffed animals and babies and worrying more about their happiness than exactly where she was going. With the mix of excitement and responsibility she quickly crashed into edge of the plain boring typical white wall you might see anywhere on the planet. I giggled softly at her energy that is always crashing and without hesitation zooming off in another direction. When I asked her if she was okay instead of tears and the insistence that I kiss her wound she simply looked up at me and said matter-a-factly, "Pretty Wall!" Haha I am so glad she got to appreciate that wall up close and in person!

No comments:

Post a Comment