Thursday, October 16, 2014

Daphney Update!

Daphney and I have been struggling to figure out who is in charge.

FUNNY STORY:
Today I told Daphney that she could not have a smoothie until she ate her breakfast. After an hour and several tantrums with food all over the floor. I finally gave in and said for every bite you take I will let you have a bite of smoothie. She reached over and grabbed the tiniest crumb of toast possible and looked up at me and smiled knowing that she had now won a bite of smoothie.
I responded, "Daphney that was a little baby bite that only earns you a tiny bite of smoothie." She was disgusted when like her bread she could hardly taste her smoothie. I said, "Daphney take a big monster bite instead of a little baby bite and I will give you a giant bite of smoothie to match it." She grudgingly said okay and then grabbed again a tiny little crumb and as she brought the bread near her mouth  a low grumble started that turned into loud roars as she placed the tiny piece of bread gently on her tongue, swallowed, and again looked at me expecting her bite of smoothie for her monster bite!

I was amazed at Daphney's diligence as she drew puppies while we traveled.

My kids love corn on the cob!

For all those in my neighborhood that were worried. My daughter and I volunteered to clean the area of litter around a duck pond. Isn't she just the cutest little volunteer?!

Yes, I couldn't talk her out of eating the dry rice cereal of Demitri's. 
It is just like a giant jar of pixie stick sugar right? 

Speaking of weird things.. Daphney got mad the other day, 
because I wouldn't let her drink out of the flower pot. 

Daphney removed all of the diapers and useless wipes and packed it full of toys and her sippy cup and got all set on her bike to go to her friend Parker's house. Hopefully she isn't like me and one of these days travels the few blocks away by herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment