Friday, August 7, 2015

M&M Party


Happy Birthday to our THREE YEAR OLD!

 Daph was a huge help in all the preparations for her party. From making invites, cupcakes, and pinata to blowing up balloons. She told me happily, "Mom we are a team, because we are doing teamwork!"


Before Daphney's party I tried to prep Daphney a little bit in how to be polite when getting a present you are not in love with. I knew I didn't have anything to worry about when we were opening the family gifts and Daphney was opening up a large cardboard box and squeals in a high pitch voice, "I think it is diaper wipes!" She loved all of her presents, and especially this Olafe that turns out was not diaper wipes...

She had found these clothes in my not so sneaky hiding place and when I told her not to look at them and that they were her birthday she was instantly disappointed, and said,  "Hey I don't want clothes.... I want CANDY and flowers!" - apparently she knows how dad shows his love towards mom.

Luckily someone gave her candy at the party and check out that satisfied face!


Birthday Girl Ready to Party: Here she is as excited as can be to be all dressed up and fully stickered from Grandmarry's birthday card. 

So apparently Daphney has very few girl friends, so princess birthdays are out, but she had a great crew show up. And they are remarkable cupcake decorators considering how far away the parental guidance appears. 
So that is the best candle blowing out picture I got... [oops] Seriously at first the paper towels were in the way and then two stacks of cups as I continued around. Just use your imagination.

Pinata Fun: 

(Yes, Shane did have to help them out a little at the end... but they did manage a hole.)


In this picture poor Liam (in the far left) was far back but still got whacked with the bat. What a trooper he was. However, I find it humorous that Gabriel somehow knew something bad was going to happen and took cover. Watch out boys, girls are crazy with bats!
This picture is where Sean is teaching his son to scavenge for missed candy. Just kidding.... I think he is performing an autopsy to steal some of my pinata skills. #Soon to be Doctor

Game: QUICK! Pop Balloons [M&M's] as fast as you can!

Daph helped draw some of the M's on the balloons and they were cute continuous M's over and over; she hasn't quite figured out when to stop writing. 






It was difficult to remember everything needed when packing for the park, but I realized defiantly the smartest idea while cleaning up after my two kids had post party left over cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment