Friday, July 7, 2017

Canoeing with my Kids

The BW was fun! But sharing the experience with my kids would be amazing. 


For now we settled with just canoeing in a tiny lake and after about twenty minutes we were still in the same little cove probably thirty feet from shore. -Why? The kids loved being able to "HELP"... consequently would not share the oars. Paisley spent the second half of the trip outside the canoe hanging on to it because it was way more fun than actually sitting in the canoe. We didn't make it too far, but had a blast. It was one of those moments where there was no time schedule or really any plan but to wonder aimlessly as a nuclear family.

Daphney noticed some trees in the distance breaking the surface of the water. She wanted to canoe over there and the realist I am told her we will never make it. But then she looked at me and said, "But mom it is my DREAM to sit on a tree in the middle of the lake!" So we set coarse for those trees although boats created big waves all around us we made it and Daphney got her dream- I hope they are all that easy!

On the way out to the lake in flat KS. We met a slight incline (not even really a hill...) Demitri started freaking out, "Mom we are going up the MOUNTAIN!!! Then when we reached the top he excitedly exclaimed, "Mom I can see everything from up here!" - That is when I realized he had vacationed in KS too long!

Fun side note: When I was little I was "quite smart" and my dad and I practiced geography questions because the bee was coming up. My dad told me, "always to guess, because you never know if it might be right..... " "Yes dad I WILL!"
There I was sweating bullets and hearing his advice in my head as the teacher read the question..... What is the tallest mountain in the world?....  [always guess]  ...Soldier Hills? (Those hills are epic when you are a kid and your dad turns around just to drive them again for his begging children.... but sadly not the correct answer since it didn't end in the word mountain.)

Yep I was raised in KS!

No comments:

Post a Comment