Thursday, May 10, 2012

Katie's Graduation

I am GRADUATED!!

 Dallin H Oaks came and spoke at commencement. There were tons of people and I swear I waved at nearly eight families before I realized I should just stop waving. Finally Heidi called me and I was better able to locate my loyal fan club!



 

 

 

 

Thanks everyone that was able to come and support me at graduation!

 Graduation at the time was kind of a blur... I felt like I was not quite taking it all in as others around me cheered in high jubilation that they had "done it!" I guess maybe I had simply never thought about not completing college thanks to my parents who always raised me to believe I could and should obtain an education. Two weeks later now, I realize why everyone was so excited to graduate- FREEDOM to choose what to do with our time, interests, and lives. Backed with the character and the love of learning that I was able to obtain at Brigham Young University I am so excited to get started building my future.




Shane and I did not want to wait around in line to ring the bell after I graduated on Thursday, so here is our best attempt to ring it illegally on Friday. Don't worry I let Shane help a little! : D

My ART ED. Graduating Class!
Cassandra Baer: Best Friend in the Program

Heidi was able to fly out and stay the weekend with Shane and I. We had so much fun doing activities together and sharing stories about our lives. The Saturday after my graduation Heidi co-hosted a BABY SHOWER for me, and it was a ton of fun. Everyone was able to participate in pampering themselves with lotions, bath salts, and fun games. We had a great turn out with many people traveling from far distances or having to rearrange their lives to find some time to drop in even for a short time, and I am so grateful for the time and support they showed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment