Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Misguided Learning

Oh how much I love observing the learning of a small child. I try to teach Daphney yes we pull these weeds because they are weeds but oh no please do not pull up the whole garden and yes  I am cutting out letters out of magazines for art displays but please no do not cut up your books and yes  I wiped your nose with a diaper wipe once but no we do not need to grab an accordion of wipes out and use them to bath your whole body, and yes I cleaned the toilet with a brush but that does not mean I want my toothbrush in the toilet. Sometimes I think of how God must feel as he tries to teach us to understand concepts and I wonder how many times he has to simplify things, and he tells us to just trust him and abstain from it entirely because he doesn't want us to take things to extremes. I am grateful to have the Holy Ghost to help guide me in those times of indecision.

Daphney has just learned/ become strong enough to open the fridge and she hates if the refrigerator door shuts, and so she slams it open harder and harder and every time that causes an equal but opposite reaction. 


Daphney has always been a lover of phones and basically anything dealing with technology. Lately though she has been using the box that turns Shane's heating pad on as her telephone. "Hi, hi, yes, Yes, Um.. no, Bye!" I am sure she wonders why anyone stuck that darn square on the end of the cord. Oh and notice in the second picture where Daphney stores her phone. : D Where do kids learn these things?!



No comments:

Post a Comment