Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Understanding Frustration

Sometimes I think I must be gigantic and intimidating to those tiny kids.... but sadly not to my own.

Yesterday, I was trying to load and start the dishwasher and failing to do so, because Demitri kept unloading it faster than I was loading it. To help the situation Daphney decided to come over and close the dishwasher so Demitri could not play in it.

You can imagine how easy it is to load the dishes when it is repeatedly being unloaded and closed right?!

During this malfunction of communication I could not see my children's frustration as clearly as my own until finally Daphney turned to me and said, "You are killing me! You are really killing me, SMALLS!"


That kind of made my day. Me- someone who has had the nickname of "the beast" and "amazonian", being called "smalls" really made me chuckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment