Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Big 55

My sister in-law Holly warned me that my crazy answers to Daphney's questions (like the sky is sad and that is why it is raining) was going to cause more trouble, but I have not yet taken to answering questions as scientifically and accurately as Shane. 

This is when I learned my lesson....

Daphney is getting old enough that she is often asking me if she can NOT ride in her car seat. This particular time she asked me when exactly she would be able to ride without it, and I chose a fictional number that was so far into the future that I was sure I wouldn't have to worry about fallout from my answer. Surely by the time Daphney was five she would have forgotten and that seemed to fix the problem for now. However, the next day Daphney was again in the back row complaining that she was not going to sit in her seat. Her argument hinged on the fact that she was now five. I became exasperated with her logic and exasperatedly decided to play along and get to the bottom of this. 
Me- "Daphney, when did you turn five?!" Daph- "Yesterday I blew out five candles!!"
I laughed when I finally realized yes I could not deny the fact that Grandpa had allowed her to help blow out his candles to celebrate his 55th birthday yesterday and yes Grandma did use five candles instead of 55. Why did I have to say five?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment