Thursday, August 18, 2016

Teaching is Going... [Well?]

So, small break to bring you some of the funny teaching moments in my life that are littered amongst all the summer fun. 

From the mouth of babes:
I have really been working with Daphney to help her understand that we all need to be happy not just her and about how her actions affect other people (mostly my happiness- lets be honest). Anyways, tonight I put all three kids to bed and after a ridiculous amount of "oh mom I need... ___" from all of my kids, I told Daphney, "do not come out of your room for anything okay?! I work all day doing everything for everybody else, taking care of you, your brother, your sister, and now I need some alone time where I take care of myself." Daphney looked concerned from the moment I said alone. (I am not sure at what age alone switches into such a great thing.)  She responded, "But, Mom what are you going to do?" I started to get all worked up and said  "Whatever I want!" And she quickly cut in, "But like go to the potty?" Yes, dear that is one of the many things I would love to do alone and now that I have free time I can." REALITY

My son is quickly claiming the role of one liners that are really inadvertently funny. He also is really good at picking up words that are not appropriate. For example, He off handedly told my mom, “You stupid little worm Gwammy.” And another time he told Paisley, “you are just a little burp.” When he and Daphney get really mad they say “I dip you with Ketchup!”
This last weekend, the three kids were in their car seats and I hear Demitri tell Paisley, “Come here little buddy, don’t be shy.” Haha

I do my best to train him to be a sweet little boy. I even let him watch a movie of the Book of Mormon stories on repeat. I figured how could that go wrong, until I saw him hitting the floor with his bat saying, “Lies, just a bunch of lies.” Way to go my son! Act out the part of Laman and Lemuel beating up Nephi. That is who I was hoping he would emulate right?

Lastly I have been trying to help him learn to use his words to communicate his needs rather than bawling or yelling or all those fun things. He is starting to get it, but with some kinks.

This morning we were chilling in the car because it was super early and my kids were keeping the whole camp ground awake. So Demitri was trying to shut the door by himself and was getting frustrated and just started proclaiming in a growly voice "freak out! Freak out!" Haha so much better than actually freaking out! 😇

1 comment:

  1. I love your children! And your blog! You could write a great book on genuine parenting life and it would be a best seller, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete