Thursday, August 18, 2016

Garden Harvesting

Another important thing I think in a child's life is learning how to work hard as a family. Now some of my favorite memories from growing up are harvesting loads of corn, picking apples from trees, and when we all had to work together to paint the garage. I remember how hard it was, but things just get goofy and fun after the point of desperation. lol
Here Grandad is harvesting his onion rows, and he just had to sit there while the kids ripped the onions out and carried impossibly large handfuls back to him to cut the tops off.  They were a big help I think....

Daphney could hardly contain herself. We had just gotten back from Colorado late at night but bright and early she woke up and came into my parents bedroom. "I got to get out to the garden. I have lots to do before it gets too hot."

This boy doesn't love pictures much anymore. But I had to sneak one  [a couple] of this boy working so hard. The garden should really be a lot closer to the house....




No comments:

Post a Comment