Thursday, August 18, 2016

Fourth Birthday

Her party was supposed to be wonderful! Everyone was going to wear their swimming suits and play in kiddie pools, slip and slides, and with water balloons. We were also going to hang up water color paintings on the fence to have little studio areas. Lastly we also had a few ice activities to complete the water experience. Most importantly it was outside and mess containable.. :D

So the party... Well the best way to explain it is that my mother in law afterwards said and I quote, "Well if there is ever a natural disaster we will put you in charge." I guess that means my party was the equivalent of a natural disaster. :/ But that is okay- pretty much just another day in the sunbeam class Shane and I teach. Lots of chaotic learning.

And in my defense the party was a celebration of all things water and it got rained out. YAY Water!! So last minute I had to wing it and plan a party as I went... Some things I was able to still do just not as cute and planned out as I had it in my head.


Accepting the four year old lifestyle:

So I told Daph the other day that she should obey. "Four year olds are obedient." - She kept happily doing what she was doing. In astonishment I said Daphney I told you not to do that, and she replied also in astonishment of my anger, "But mom I am not four yet!"

The morning of her real birthday not the party day which was a few days earlier I was really excited; obedience starts today! We were texting Heidi and Abi and Daphney said Guess what I am going to be four, and I said no daph you are four today- it is your birthday, and she said no mom I am not four until I get cake!" - I had not planned to make another cake.... 

On her real birthday we went swimming and Shane was helping her put on her swimming suit and he said Daphney you don't have underwear on, to which she said, "hmm.. yeah sometimes four-year-olds don't wear underwear."
Haha she has learned to use my tricks to benefit herself. 


For her birthday Daphney got to build her baby crib with her Granddad. Both her and Demitri love helping in the shop. They always have lots of candy, snacks, and drinks. My favorite tradition is they each get hammers and smash peanut shells to eat. What great wood workers. 

Who doesn't let their newly four year old paint in his or her Sunday best?


1 comment:

  1. How fun to have a homemade dolly cradle! What a treasure! Paisley doesn't seem amused though!

    ReplyDelete