Sunday, August 12, 2018

Blessing Day

Kendrik's Blessing Day:
What a special day this was. It was a great honor to watch Shane give our son a name and a blessing in church today. Shane did a beautiful blessing and gave our son the name Kendrik Everet. 
I love the name Kendrik, and I thought it combined my initials KND and Shane's middle name Kirk nicely. The name Everet comes from my Grandad. When picking out his name I got to sit with Shane and share a few stories and personality traits that I thought represented my Grandad and then he was able to review and ponder those thoughts as he prepared for the blessing. A few qualities that I thought were important was the ability to work hard, and to have faith that bares perspective, wisdom, and love.


Shane had told Demitri he could go up there with him and sit on the front row quietly to watch. Demitri took that as up like where the speakers and choir sit rather than the audience's first row. Oh yes imperfectly perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment