Sunday, August 12, 2018

Kendrik's Birth

This pregnancy had been relatively normal with lots of contractions from around 20 weeks on, but rarely consistent so I didn't have the constant wonder of, "am I in labor now?"

I decided to be induced on April 13th five days prior to my due date, because 13 is my lucky number! (Sound reasoning right?!!) but really-
-birthday: Friday 13th
-engaged: 13th
-married: Friday 13th
- Kendrik's Birth: Friday the 13th (also my half birthday)

On April 13th I once again was braver than I wanted to be... but ready to get it over with Shane and I made the awkward drive to the hospital. It just didn't feel right driving there knowing they were going to cause pain where as in other hospital visits we went there to try to manage the pain I was already feeling. Choosing to be in pain is surreal. Being induced I had heard was more painful, but I think it is simply they take their time and draw it out longer.

We came in at 6 am, and spent a lot of time relaxing and watching Netflix while my mom watched the other three kids. My blood pressure dropped at one point and I felt so hot and relaxed like I was going to go to sleep, but don't worry they fixed that and I was back to telling Shane what to do with the fans. (on, off, on, off...sorry) At 12:45 I was dilated to a six and pretty relaxed; epidural was working wonders. Around 1 the on call doctor came in (He was my favorite doctor! So lucky!). He came in to double check and immediately the doctor said, "There is the head. Get everyone in here." Haha like I said the epidural was working. Anyways it didn't take long before Kendrik was out in all his beautiful glory. Shane was so in love with Kendrik and watched him while they did his stats. He took his time bringing him over to me and kept saying things like, "oh would you look at that yawn!" -Yeah I wish I could. haha

Mom brought the kids in later that night. The kids were a little much so they didn't stay long but I love introducing a new baby to the siblings. Demitri climbed right up in bed and cuddled with me a while.

Daphney and Mom came to visit on Sunday and Daphney and I were able to play skipbo and hang out with the new baby. Church had been canceled because of the amount of SNOW!

Welcome Kendrik!





No comments:

Post a Comment