Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Play Time

Sometimes I worry if I am giving my kids the best life that I can. Then I look at the collection of videos I have taped lately and I really start to wonder... I want to stop my kids and say, "Wear this cape and save the world; wear this princess dress and have dinner with your imaginary tribe of trolls". But so often in the pictures, videos, and memories we have created I see a common thread.

Not a princess dress but a nursing cover or apron. 
Not a cape but daddy's shoes. 

I want to stop my kids and say, "Wait, there will be time for this; enjoy life now". Something like, "Just have fun; stop changing your babies diapers and worry about yourself." 

But, I can't.

Daphney's got it right. Shane and I have an amazing life. Who needs to be a princess or a superhero when you can be a mom or a dad. Yes, it is work, but oh what a wonderful work.

What sweet kids to labor with us!


3 comments:

  1. Awww... cute! Hmmm... is that your only key? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me cracking up with your other posts and now I am in tears this is so sweet!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete