Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday Adventures

Money Crunch

Shane and I have been trying to save some money- you know because life is hard and it is nice to have some cushion in this wonderful economy. Alas my husband sees these three little neighbor girls out with their lemonade stand and fake cash register that is just waiting to snatch our few coins we have saved up to get our son a round head. We trek down to the stand and in a sing song voice the girl asks if we want a small or large cup? I look for the price difference... They cost the same! Okay so listen girls I definitely want a big cup. What kind of question really? Has she never seen an AT&T commercial BIGGER IS BETTER!

She then proceeds to pour Shane and I two almost half full cups of lemonade. This is too much for my mind. Michelle Obama change serving sizes again? Refer back to the fact that bigger is better! I bridle my tongue, and decide to be neighborly and more mature. I ask these girls if they have plans for the money they earn. Get this they austerely respond, "Oh well we will probably donate it to something." Man nothing like a slap in the face to realize that I am the worst person in the world!

Pictures from our day playing outside on this gorgeous Saturday.

Daphney wants to color Demitri's helmet with sidewalk chalk. Come on mom painted on it!
My son does not know how to take a bad picture!




1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!! I love you! You tell the best stories! I want to be like you someday.

    ReplyDelete