Friday, November 21, 2014

Learning How to do Big City Things

My sister has so kindly highlighted my progress as a small town freshman in a big college town on her blog a few years ago.

Now I would like to say I have evolved completely and soundly but I still feel like a country girl in a big city in most conversations. I met this lady (actually my friend because that is what I made her last Tuesday); anyways, she was like oh well I never grew up too close to the metro, and I of coarse nodded my head and said "oh wow I am so sorry... that must have been awful." You don't think she knew I was thinking what in the world is a metro?! Well if she did I at least know she still wants to be my friend because we are meeting up next week and not just because the event we met at is weekly. Oh and get this- downtown isn't referring to any place actually in Johnston! Why don't they clarify; don't they know I will assume? Apparently Johnston is too small to have a downtown.... maybe I ought to notify my hometown that there is no way they qualify.

Figuring out how a hospital system works is the worst. As far as I can tell there are many different brands of doctor strands that I can choose from and they all apparently have their main office conveniently located next to "THE HOSPITAL". Is there only one, how are they all next to it and does it not have a name? I Google searched it... Why are there so many different doctor strands? It is not like you actually have to be Methodist to go to the Methodist doctors (I think)!

Like my sister said in her blog I didn't  even know how to use a cross walk and believe me that guys glare as he stared into my soul with his expression yelling why did you push the dang button if you aren't going to cross is still ingrained into my memory. Anyways, I can now drive on big roads with more than tractors on it (Passing on a small road is tough though too). Oh and I have only gotten E85 in our car once now! They really need to get a bigger sign on that.

Okay to my point! Today's frustration:


Shane took our car to get serviced today because the check engine light has been on for a couple days. We decided to take it to the Toyota of Des Moines, because that is where we bought the car this spring and we bought an adjunct warranty there in addition to the one our vehicle came with. They called Shane today and told him the problem was that the gas cap was off (sadly my fault) and that we were being charged 50 dollars for that service in which they diagnosed that catastrophe. You would think they would want to keep customers more than that! I guess I still haven't learned everything yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment