Monday, November 17, 2014

Sweeping

You know the point when a leader realizes that they have lost all control of its followers... for instance when Scar finally sees all the lionesses are turned against him and then DIES shortly after?

I think I am at that point now.

What do I do lately- between sweeping the floor?

1.) meticulously picked up thousands of corn pop cereal
            (While the children scattered and crushed them- punishing me for using the beloved popcorn bowl to clean up with)
GOT DRESSED
2.) wiped up the rest of the gallon of milk on the floor that was exactly where the corn pops used to be
             (A good mom just would have poured the corn pops back out and made breakfast out of it. I am NOT that mom. Meanwhile Daphney was banished to the upstairs because she was mad that I was using her beloved towel/"blanket" to clean. That is where she found the Vaseline and ingeniously thought to rub it into her hair.)
HEATED UP LEFTOVERS FOR MY BREAKFAST (remember our cereal is now labeled KIDS)
3.) cleaned up a shattered bowl
             (Daphney in her haste to destroy my new found cloister ripped a bowl for herself out of the dishwasher too hard and you know the end.)
4.) cleaned up water spill
(While I cleaned up the bowl and forced Demitri to stay back Daphney ate my food and dumped her glass of water everywhere and used the cup to create a wonderful waterfall off the table edges.)

I wish for those days when I wondered what a stay at home mom did all day. Sometimes I just can't catch up...

Cataloging this day for the future, when I have 10 kids and forget that if I stop now I might just be able to shower alone! Everyone needs a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment