Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Oh The Crazy Situations!

Pretend With Me: On a freeeeezeeing cold winter afternoon, someone that claims to be your neighbor; however, you are not entirely sure is, because she  is not your direct neighbor pounds on your front door. She quickly asks to use your phone. Why the urgency you wonder... then you see her wardrobe.  (Hypothetically, looking like a scruffy stay at home mom in artist mode attire) You look closer and notice she is barefoot and without a coat. 

That was almost me... 
the one needing to use the phone.

Was it freezing?- Yes
Was I mess?- Yes
Was I running door to door? -Almost... only one door. 
(Luckily they were not home or choose not to address the lunatic on the doorstep)

I have waited a whole year almost to set up our new Christmas decorations that I bought last year when they were 70 percent off. I finally got to make my idea come to fruition by making this fun little garland and ribbon strand to hang above my front door. The strand had passed the test of not falling down throughout the night, so I determined to hang three ornaments upon it. Yes both my kids were awake, but one was playing and the other watching a Christmas cartoon. What could happen?

A minute later I knew.


Daphney had immediately stopped being entertained by her cartoon and ran to the door and locked the pad lock, and could not figure out how to unlock it. 

There I was key less, shoe less, coat less, phone less, and forced to be PRIDE less. (It takes a lot of humility to tell someone in the moment that yes my two and one year old locked me out of the house without anything..) There they both stood smiling and waving at the side windows.

After seeing that none of my neighbors nearby were home and trying one possible neighbor I determined to go home and try again at getting the door open before expanding my jolly little jaunt. 
Lucky Day! I caught Daphney just right in between a series of twisting the two locks and broke into my own house!

Yes I too, wish I would have been the neighbor and watched that all go down. 



No comments:

Post a Comment