Saturday, December 17, 2016

Superhero Demitri!


Demitri loves to play dress up, and his dad is not fond of him always dressing up with Daphney in her Sunday best dresses and bows to go to whatever "Ball" they currently have planned. But, we couldn't really say much because we didn't own any boy dress up clothes. I know sexist parents, but I am okay with that. We finally got this outfit for Demitri and he loves pretending to save the day! "Mom, I have to go save people from their problems!"

More Imaginative Play: He also recently got tools for his birthday that have been great for increasing pretend play. He is always trying to be like dad now with his tools. The other day his Velcro on his coat snagged my outfit and seeing my disappointment he quickly exclaimed, "It is okay mom I can fix it; I just need to go get my tools!"


Here he is using his tools and some of dad's tool to learn the tricks of the trade. He clambered into that claustrophobic cupboard under the sink as one of the happiest boys in the world. As I left the room I heard him say, "Okay dad just show me where to cut!" Luckily I knew he only had the pliers and not scissors!

No comments:

Post a Comment