Sunday, January 15, 2017

"Your Birth Control"- Just another day in our lives!

On Saturday my wonderful husband knowing I was in a "bad mood" told me I had an hour in which he would do whatever I wanted before heading into work. He also told me I could buy an outfit today; lol-I told him he could not buy my happiness! I was wrong I now think I will go ahead and buy a STORE.     I put him to work and he was just about done cleaning up the basement insulation from last week mishap, what Demitri calls, "Carving pumpkins and making sleeping bags!"  So it goes without saying Shane wasn't in the best mood at this particular point either!
That is when...

1.) a sharp crash came from Daphney's room. (Over Christmas we went to a white elephant gift exchange where kids are pretty much an anomaly. There they were kind/inexperienced enough to allow the kids to participate and kind/experienced enough to set the rule that you couldn't steal from the kids. However, my daughter of coarse chose the biggest Christmas bag I have ever seen and won two lamps, a couple bags, and a can of Lysol. A kind man tried to relieve her of that present, partly because he wanted it and partly I think to allow her to pick again, but Daph was embarrassingly in tears and holding firmly to the fact that she indeed was a kid and was not supposed to be stolen from.)

It was this beloved lamp that had broken by the wrath of Demitri. The glass lamp shade was now shattered across a dirty bedroom. We began cleaning that up, and in order to keep the kids busy and out of the glass I gave them the job to work together to carry a box from the bottom of the stairs up to the top. As we cleaned up the glass I told Shane about reading the Little Mermaid 2 with Daphney and how she thought Ariel was going to need to have a new baby because her daughter was not being obedient! lol I am glad she understands that concept! 

That is when...

2.) Daphney and Demitri busted into the bedroom because Demitri had a bloody nose. Sure enough he had a bloody nose all over the walls and through the hallway and down the stairs. Apparently Daph decided she didn't want help carrying the box and pushed him. So I helped calm Demitri down in the bathroom and clean him up while Shane cleaned the floor. I had Daph and Paisley stay in Daphney's room so they didn't get into the blood. 

That is when...

3.) a sharp crash came from Daphney's room (AGAIN!). I had set that blasted beloved lamp up high, and since it was broken the cord was hanging down rather than nicely tucked away and plugged in. Paisley grabbed it and pulled the lamp which crashed to the floor and now a shattered light bulb littered the previously vacuumed floor. 

I NEED A BOX! A BIG BOX WHERE NO DAMAGE CAN BE INFLICTED.
I will slide in food, and release my kids when they are ready to reenter society! 

PS. I love this life. Sure it would be nice to have fancy things that don't need a warranty, and silence at least while you are sleeping, but to have a partner and a team that sticks through and laughs together during these rough days is something to fight for! I am so LUCKY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment