Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Fist Day of School

Happy First Day of School!

First Day: Daphney was so excited!! She was the first one on and she picked a good seat on the bus about two thirds of the way back. And then she was off!

Second Day: The bus came early.... I think it waits outside our door for a few minutes because we are the first ones, but we weren't sure so I told her to grab her shoes and bookbag and I would run up to get her socks. I yelled for her to come get her socks on , but Demitri looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Mom she is on the bus." -sure enough it was pulling away...

Third Day: Me- Daphney you can't just leave without telling me make sure and give me a hug before you go get on the bus okay? Daphney- Okay... Mom! You can't just walk inside after I get on the bus you have to wait and wave! Me- Deal! (She does love me!)

Who sends their daughter to school on the first day with a bubble braid or stegosaurus brain hair. I am sorry... I am sure they were really smart dinosaurs! I kind of like it though!

Daphney- "Mom did you know they don't just speak English at school? Yeah it is really awesome! Like instead of saying park I think they said Recess!"

Everyday before school we have made goals of things to work on like okay today you need to learn one kids name or things like that. Today (fourth day) I told her you need to learn something today okay- "Mom I don't know if we will... We don't really do that. We just play!"

Daphney has one other friend that just moved into our church boundaries, and guess who rides the bus home with her. What a blessing to know someone and have someone to sit with!

Demitri woke up from his nap on the first day and mumbled, "Well I guess Daphney can't party with us, because she is at school..." I am so glad that he finds everyday life at home with me a party!


No comments:

Post a Comment