Saturday, October 20, 2018

Soccer Mom?

After too many last minute attempt to find all of the kids soccer equipment Demitri and I get out of the car and he asks, "mom did you bring a flag to cheer for me?" - haha no kid we are lucky we got your shoes....

Oh wait we didn't.

After the game I tell him, "Bud we accidentally stole Daphney's shoes and wore them at the game today, so you should go put them in her soccer bag." To which he mumbles, "Oh so that is why I didn't score any goals...." -haha yes son it was not your own fault probably just the shoes.

Not only did we wear crazy shoes, but Daphney had a game at the same time so Shane and I took to two cars to head to two different fields. Well wouldn't you know it we showed up at the same field on accident. Whoops... Being soccer parents is harder than it looks.

So I showed Demitri this video and he doesn't laugh or act like he was being funny running backwards for most of the game... so I ask him, "Why?!" To which he claimed, "I was doing that so I could run while still being able to watch the goal so I would know if they were going to score." - And I was actually impressed! Who knew he was actually trying hard and focusing? I am not quite sure his finding cloud shapes during the game can tie in to the soccer game quite as well. 

I mention to Demitri that his team might need to pick a name so we know who to cheer for and he said, "mom we already have a name. Teameriffic!" I am pretty sure he made that up on the spot... But I think next game I might have to have a flag with that monogrammed on. Daphney did get to name her team this year and she was so thrilled that they picked the idea that she came up with. They are the bumble bees!


No comments:

Post a Comment