Thursday, May 22, 2014

Awkward Pasts Tend to Catch Up With Me

There is a reason I don’t have any ex boyfriends…

I would be an awkward mess if I ever ran into them.

          So there I was with my two kids playing at the park when suddenly I noticed someone from our not so distant past standing near the swings. I began feverishly texting Shane while trying to sneak close enough to identify this potential foe. And everyone knows how wonderful my 6 foot self is at slinking sneakily about the slides. He was distracted by his phone so I came up with   this ingenious idea to take a quick picture on  my cell phone to  text to Shane so I might know whether it was necessary to continue hiding.  Warning if you try this sneaky detective work you might want to turn the sound off of your phone so it does not make a loud clicking sound to indicate that you have snapped a picture. I would have died right then and there with that CLICK, but luckily I had been a scardy-cat so I was still clear across the park and not nearly close enough to get a big enough picture to realize that the silhouette was even a person.

           I decided to take a sleuthing break and check on my daughter… I couldn't believe my eyes; who was she hugging? Of course it would be like Daphney to make friends with “the daughter”. I began to try and lure Daphney away from the other girl without attracting the attention of her father. Needless to say in order to accomplish this I waved Demitri around wildly in the air. It WORKED! Daphney raced over to me; holding the hand of her new friend! I quickly signaled to Daphney that she could hold Demitri if she would come away from this child and slide down the slide. That worked well until the other girl started yelling loudly that she wanted to hold him while she slid down too. I had to let my scary adversary’s daughter hold my son in order to quiet her, but it was too late he was approaching in double time. I knew I was about to get accosted right there in the children’s park, but get this he turns to me and says, “sorry she is forward like her father, and has never met a stranger.” Haha I had never been so excited to be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment