Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Flamingo Painting

So my husband made a comment like, "Hey Woman, with your busy crazy life you are never going to chisel out enough time to paint anything again."
It was true, but it motivated me to prove him wrong... Three kids down for a nap at the same time. SCORE!!- Time to PAINT!!
Fun Step by Step painting changes. - thank goodness for picture texts and my sister who never gets tired of helping me critique during the process. 
This is part of my animal parenthood paintings. The paintings are based off my experiences as a mother and also connect me to my father since we worked in his shop making the frames together. In the painted scenes I love thinking about myself as the parent but also inversely as the child to both my Earthly Parents and my Heavenly Parents. 

This is what baby flamingos look like when they are born and it is not til they have eaten enough pink fish that they begin to get their more common pink color.  

No comments:

Post a Comment